AAUP Executive Committee election results
We are the conscience of the university. We are an advocacy chapter. We have a union but it is an independent Faculty Affairs Committee. We stand for academic excellence and we SHALL BE HEARD AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF COERCIVE AUTHORITY. WE ARE PROUD AND WE ARE TOUGH AND WE ARE THERE FOR YOU AND YOU AND YOU.
Proudly posted on SXU website: April 29, 2013
The Saint Xavier University chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) announces the results of its recent elections for 2013-2015 for officers and at-large members of its executive committee.
- Peter Hilton, School of Education, president
- Suzanne Lee, School of Education, treasurer
- Forrest Perry, Department of Philosophy, secretary
- Jacqueline Battalora, Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminal Justice
- Ann Filipski, School of Nursing
- Peter N. Kirstein, Department of History and political Science
The AAUP chapter defends academic freedom, tenure, shared governance, and the rights of adjunct faculty that are consistent with the Association’s standards and principles.